Beautiful and Delicious this VEGAN Ratatouille is the perfect dish to excite your family to eat vegetables!
The colorful array of vegetables ensures you will find a different flavor in every bite leaving your taste buds screaming for joy! Make this simple recipe by following below…
- 1 jar Toscano Authentic Passata cherry tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 large zucchini
- 2 Japanese eggplants
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 4 fresh Roma tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp basil pesto
- Olive or avocado oil, to spray
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 25 cm (10 inch) baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the passata, herbs, garlic, and salt.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the vegetables into 5mm thick slices.
- Layer the veggie slices, alternating each slice (zucchini, sweet potato, eggplant, tomato; repeat) starting from the outside of the dish. Repeat until the whole baking dish is filled and all veggie slices are used.
- Lightly spray the top of the veggies with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Drizzle with pest and serve!