Gluten Free Pissaladière Pizza
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 onions (600gm), thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 thyme sprig
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes (about 180gm each)
- 100 gm Fontina, diced
- 16 large Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 8anchovy fillets, rinsed
- To serve: basil leaves, torn
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat, add onion, garlic and thyme, cover and stir occasionally until onions are tender (20-25 minutes), then remove lid and stir occasionally until golden (45-55 minutes).
- Meanwhile, blanch tomatoes until skins split (30-40 seconds). Drain, refresh, then drain, peel, remove seeds, finely chop and set aside. Add to onion mixture, increase heat, cook until liquid evaporates and mixture is thick (10-15 minutes). Remove from heat (discard thyme), set aside to cool, then add Fontina.
- Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a rough 30cm x 35cm rectangle and transfer to a greased oven tray.
- Spread onion mixture over dough, arrange olives and anchovies on top and stand until well-risen (15-20 minutes). Bake until crust is crisp (20-25 minutes), serve warm drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, scattered with basil.
Recipe by @irregular.endings